Ole Miss Rebels offensive tackle (2013-current)
(August 2, 1994 – present)
- 2013 Sporting News Freshman All-America
- 2015 Walter Camp All-America Second Team
- 2015 RoadTripSports.com’s All-America Honorable Mention
Columbia (Lake City, FL)
Class of 2013 No. 4 National Prospect
Class of 2013 No. 1 Offensive Tackle
Class of 2013 No. 2 Florida Prospect
Laremy Tunsil was the No. 4 national prospect after a standout prep career at Columbia (Lake City, FL), and he was a key piece of the Ole Miss Rebels’ banner recruiting class in the spring of 2013.
As a true freshman that fall, Tunsil earned Freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News. He continued to raise his profile during his 2014 sophomore season earning All-SEC First Team honors from the Associated Press despite missing two games due to a partially torn bicep. He suffered an even more serious injury near the end of the first half in the Peach Bowl – a fractured fibula that he spent the spring rehabbing for the 2015 season.
The rehab was successful, but Tunsil’s return to the field for his 2015 junior season was delayed by a seven-game suspension due to receiving impermissible benefits. Prior to his return against Texas A&M, Ole Miss had lost two of three games, but with Tunsil leading the way up front, the Rebels righted the ship, and closed the season with five wins in six games – the only loss being a 53-52 overtime setback against Arkansas.
In the Rebels’ Sugar Bowl win over Oklahoma State to close the season, Tunsil scored a touchdown on a lateral from Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly. Then, on January 4, 2016, he confirmed that we was foregoing his senior season at Ole Miss to enter the draft.
- Sooners squash Frogs’ playoff hopes in 38-20 win - November 16, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017
- CFP Selection Committee releases third set of Top 25 rankings - November 14, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 reshaped by Georgia, Notre Dame losses - November 12, 2017
- North Dakota’s 2017 state champions are crowned - November 11, 2017
- High School Headlines: More state champs to be crowned this weekend - November 10, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Michigan’s Hudson named Nagurski Player of the Week - November 8, 2017