Ole Miss Rebels offensive tackle (2013-current)
(August 2, 1994 – present)
- 2013 Sporting News Freshman All-America
- 2015 Walter Camp All-America Second Team
- 2015 RoadTripSports.com’s All-America Honorable Mention
Columbia (Lake City, FL)
Class of 2013 No. 4 National Prospect
Class of 2013 No. 1 Offensive Tackle
Class of 2013 No. 2 Florida Prospect
Laremy Tunsil was the No. 4 national prospect after a standout prep career at Columbia (Lake City, FL), and he was a key piece of the Ole Miss Rebels’ banner recruiting class in the spring of 2013.
As a true freshman that fall, Tunsil earned Freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News. He continued to raise his profile during his 2014 sophomore season earning All-SEC First Team honors from the Associated Press despite missing two games due to a partially torn bicep. He suffered an even more serious injury near the end of the first half in the Peach Bowl – a fractured fibula that he spent the spring rehabbing for the 2015 season.
The rehab was successful, but Tunsil’s return to the field for his 2015 junior season was delayed by a seven-game suspension due to receiving impermissible benefits. Prior to his return against Texas A&M, Ole Miss had lost two of three games, but with Tunsil leading the way up front, the Rebels righted the ship, and closed the season with five wins in six games – the only loss being a 53-52 overtime setback against Arkansas.
In the Rebels’ Sugar Bowl win over Oklahoma State to close the season, Tunsil scored a touchdown on a lateral from Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly. Then, on January 4, 2016, he confirmed that we was foregoing his senior season at Ole Miss to enter the draft.
- High School Headlines: IMG vs. Central highlights the weekly schedule - September 22, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 4 - September 21, 2017
- NIU win at Nebraska earns FWAA Team of the Week honors - September 20, 2017
- Midwestern State mourns the loss of Robert Grays - September 20, 2017
- Baylor’s Galitz named Ray Guy Punter of the Week - September 19, 2017
- No. 6 Blue Raiders pound Bulldogs 68-26 - September 19, 2017
- ACU opens new Wildcat Stadium in style with 24-3 win - September 19, 2017
- Cowboys ride past Wildcats in 55-10 rout - September 19, 2017
- Georgetown’s defense points way to victory against Skyhawks - September 19, 2017
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017